Where Great Things Happen
SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Prairieland Park is seeking to fill two temporary summer full time Groundskeeper Assistant positions.
The terms of the positions are May 7th, 2018 to August 24th, 2018.
Hours: 40 hours per week; 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
- Maintenance of Prairieland Park grounds: cutting grass, whipper-snipping, irrigation duties, planting and maintenance of all seasonal plants and existing trees/shrubs, garbage clean up as required, weed control/ spraying, pest (gopher) control.
- Design, plan and implement multifaceted medium scale floral programs including: baskets, beds, containers, and seasonal displays.
- Apply soil mixtures and fertilizers.
- Inspect plant material for pests, insects and disease and apply appropriate corrective measures.
- Sound knowledge of plants, plant maintenance, soil disease, weeding, plant identifications and pruning.
- Post-secondary student with some experience in grounds keeping, landscaping, and plant maintenance.
- Student to be qualified accepted and returning full time to post-secondary school in the fall of 2018.
- Experience with operating grounds keeping equipment, small hand tools and irrigation equipment an asset.
- Physically fit to be able to perform heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
Close date: Friday, February 23rd, 2018
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to:
P.O. Box 6010, Saskatoon, SK. S7K 4E4
Fax: (306) 931-7886
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.