SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – MARKETING ASSISTANT
Work Term: May 15th, 2018 to August 31st, 2018
Hours: 35 to 40 hours per week
Prairieland Park is a world class venue located near the scenic South Saskatchewan River in Saskatoon, SK. It is the city’s largest Trade and Convention Centre, playing host to some of the biggest and most well-known events. A full service team of experts works to ensure every one of the over 400 annual events is a success! As part of the Marketing Team, the Marketing Assistant will help to promote and bring awareness to the Saskatoon Ex, Marquis Downs and other events happening at Prairieland Park.
Required work schedule for this position:
- Monday thru Friday – 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Evening and weekend work will be required during the Saskatoon Exhibition
- Will work closely with the Marketing Manager to deliver a variety of marketing promotions relating to Marquis Downs and the Saskatoon Exhibition:
- Work as support for the design/print aspects of the Marketing Department
- Assemble and print weekly Race Programs
- Create and print weekly menu table cards for Marquis Downs Food & Beverage Dept.
- Assist on the Corporate/Bulk buy promotions
- Participate in onsite, external promotions relating to the Saskatoon Exhibition (golf tournaments, giveaways, “Spudnut patrols”, etc.)
- Duties relating to sponsor fulfilment in relation to the Saskatoon Ex and Marquis Down marketing, printing, design or promotion
- Onsite duties during the Saskatoon Exhibition include (but not limited to): Meet and Greet Access for the Grandstand, assisting with the Mascot parade and the Mardi Gras Parade, volunteer relief/breaks, etc.
- Social Media posts relating to marketing efforts for Prairieland Park, the Saskatoon Ex and Marquis Downs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered full-time student in a degree or diploma program in the previous year. MUST be returning to full-time post-secondary education in the next academic year.
- Previous marketing or journalism experience / education an asset.
- Effective team player who is self-motivated and outgoing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to work with the general public and staff.
- Essential to manage time effectively.
- Efficient and effective work habits
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision if necessary.
- Knowledge of XP Office, Word & Access is a necessity.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is an asset.
- Knowledge of written communication standard practices is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is a necessity.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when required, and especially during Aug 7th to 12th, 2018 for the Saskatoon Ex.
Close date: Friday, February 23rd, 2018
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to:
P.O. Box 6010, Saskatoon, SK. S7K 4E4
Fax: (306) 931-7886
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.